There has been a weird smell in my car for a couple of weeks now. I smelt like rotten food or maybe like a Tupperware container that had been rotting away in the sun. I looked through my car, and removed anything that I thought could be making this aroma.
Finally I decided it just needed to be aired out, so I left the windows open and still there was something brewing.
Last night I found it!
Several weeks ago I went to he farmers market with a friend. She purchased some zucchini and when we got home, she could not find them. We concluded that she must have dropped the bag somewhere along the way. (Crap...there goes $4). So, she went home and I went on my merry way.
Last night, while I was looking for my lost checkbook,( if you have seen it let me know) I found the missing bag of vegetables. Hidden deep under the passenger seat was a gooey mash of moldy zucchini. Eureka the smell is gone! (Still missing the checkbook :<)
It never occurred to me to look for food under the seats, because 1. I always put my lunch in the front seat in a bag, so it would it very difficult for anything to make it under the seat and 2. Because I did not buy the vegetables and I quickly forgot that they were missing and could possible have been the culprit.
So, although this is gross, I assure you my car is now somewhat sanitary.

My parents put raw chicken breasts in our trunk one day. We forgot about it. Yeah, I noticed a smell and then finally one day I went into the garage and told Doug it smelt like a dead person. Horrible, we were both gagging. Now when my car smells funky I know it's most likely a sippy cup. Those got straight to the trash. I have learned not to open them and it's not worth salvaging.
ReplyDelete