Friday, February 6, 2009

Lighthouse



My cousin asked me the other day if I talk about Nina a lot. I told her not really. But then I was thinking about it after we had parted. It is true, I do not TALK about her a lot, but I do think of her everyday. I think of her when I see my heart painting. I think of her when I see my angel hanging in my closet that she gave me. I think of her when I see Anabela and her crazy hair days. Every time I see a car like hers on the freeway I do a double take to see if there is a lighthouse on the back window. She is a part of my everyday life.
This month my February calendar has a picture of a lighthouse. Now, throughout my day I get to remember her a few more times, and it makes me happy!

(Notice the lighthouse sweatshirt.:>)



4 comments:

  1. I think it is interesting that she liked lighthouses. I think it is appropriate since she was very much like a lighthouse, filled with brightness and love, it shined brightly to those who just kind of knew her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorothy, I love this picture. Who was Nina? It sounds like you cared for her very much and from her photo, she looks like she was a beautiful lady. BTW - I am LOVING your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina is my God Mother/ Aunt/ Friend / Awesome lady. Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh...very special indeed. You are welcome :)

    ReplyDelete