Today I had two appointments and decided it would be a waste of gas and time to drive to San Juan for a couple of hours. So, today was Dorothy Day! I had big plans to do laundry and straighten up the house. I am sure you can guess how this turns out...(see above picture)
Plumber came in the AM to try and fix the fireplace, no luck. After they left I decided that I would just snuggle in bed for a few minutes and get to doing the laundry. I fell asleep, so about 1:30PM, when I finally woke up, I caught up on all the TIVOed shows that needed watching. I showered at some point, and headed out for my 5:00 dinner date with Mrs. M. I even went shopping and bought 2 - yes 2- books to read. (Melissa it is true! Do not make any smart ass comments about it-LOL) I will let you know how they are...and pass them on if anyone is interested!


This was a spoiled and indulgent day - and I LOVED it! (Do I feel a little guilty bailing on work?...Yes. But I will get over it)
I encourage you all to make yourself a ME holiday - it is AWESOME! Or just start celebrating 3/18 as Dorothy Day!
I need one of those days!
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of Dorothy Day - but can you explain why you have an adolescent boy, in his underwear, on your bed? Does this have anything to do with "Dorothy Day?" If so, I think we need to talk...
ReplyDeleteYeah, the picture of the boy totally confused me. That's just a random picture, right? I just spent five minutes trying to figure out who's kid you where babysitting?
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that you got two books. The Middle Place looks like a great book. I watched that clip that Debbie put on facebook.
My friend Jenny recommends The Shack. I think someone in here bible study read it and passed it on to her. Curious what you think......
I love how you thought of me and my smart ass comments while writing this.....my goal to be in your subconscious at all times!
Why is everyone so freaked out about the kid in his underware. I do not know who he is...it was suppose to be cute/funny. Would you rather have a picture of me in my underware?...I did not think so!
ReplyDeletei think your fan base would explode if you started putting pictures of you in your underwear on your blog. but then the content filters at my work would block your site and then i couldn't read the hilarity that is your life so that would suck. plus i'm not sure how keith would take it...he'd either be like "yeah, i'm hitting that" or "HEY! stop ogling my wife!"
ReplyDeleteThanks Robbie!
ReplyDeleteI thought maybe it was a picture of Keith when he was little. It kind of looks like him....
ReplyDeleteThat is funny, it does kind of look like Keith.
ReplyDelete