Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Trapped!


Today, I got stuck in an elevator. I always thought this would be a great fear of mine. However, I was surprisingly calm. I got in the elevator on the 1st floor of my dentists office with a mom and her two kids and we were both headed to the garage on the ground floor. When we got there the elevator never "landed" and the doors never opened. The mother of two, Maddie (20 months) and Seth (9 weeks) started to get a little anxious. We called for help and they said they could not give us an estimated time of rescue. I decided to sit down and play with with Maddie. This seemed to calm the nerves of the mom. We ended up playing in the elevator for 30 minutes. When we were finally rescued, a man pried open the doors and we step out of the elevator. The mom thanked me for being there and keeping HER calm. Who would of thought I would be the calm one in the stuck elevator. What an exciting morning!

4 comments:

  1. You were the perfect person to help play with the little kiddies and keep people calm! As long as you didn't fart in there, that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at Jen's fart comment. I kind of got stuck in an elevator once too, but it was my fault. At my work you have to swipe your badge to go up in the elevator. I get in the elevator and hit the 3 button (on the third floor) but it won't go up because I forgot to swipe my badge. I am digging in my purse for my badge (which takes forever, Rob and attest to this), and then all of a sudden, the lights go out in the elevator. I guess because I didn't swipe it in a timely manner, it assumed no one was in the elevator. It was very scary, pitch black and I was trying to find my badge. Finally I found my badge and swiped and was hoping to god I was pressing a button to take me to the 2, 3 or 4 floor and not the emergency button. Luckily, I hit the wrong one. Now I'm sure I have my badge before stepping into the elevator.

    Is that the longest comment you've received or what?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the typos! Meant to say luckily I hit the RIGHT button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think this might be my longest comment! But, I love it, it is an awesome story...why didn't you blog about it?
    Yes, luckily I did not have to go potty, or had gas, and not one had an accident in their diaper. Disaster averted!

    ReplyDelete