
Keith bought a new toy.
He has wanted this car for the past three years and finally found one at the right price. I am not sure if it was because he thought once we had a kid he would never be able to get a sports car or if he is going through a mid- 30's crisis, either way the Beier family has a convertible.
Keith is so excited, every night when he gets home, he asks me if I want to go for a ride. The answer is NO. After driving 45 minutes to and from work, I am done with riding in a car for the day. However, on Sunday after a quick review of the "rules" on how to properly drive/handle the car, I had the honor of having it all to myself.
At first, the convertible is cool and you can't wait to drive around with the top down. Sadly this becomes old all too quickly.
Things I learned on Sunday about driving a little convertible.
1. Bring a "pony", otherwise known as a hair tie. You WILL have crazy hair.
2. When a moth flies into the car, don't freak out, it will likely fly back out.
3. Do not put plastic bags, or anything for that matter, in the "back seat".
4. Do not go over speed bumps at more than 2mph, this is a "rule", however, DO NOT try it.
5. Do not buy a large floor rug. It does not fit.
6. Do not drive with the top down when it is 50 degrees. It leads to sore throats the next day.
7. Do not drive with Alyssa when birds are flying over. She may freak out at the thought of being pooped on.
What I learned from my day as a sports car driver:
I LOVE MY SUV!
Do you think I would be able to brush my hair with the top down or would the hair particles still bother you??
ReplyDeleteI think with the top down it would be ok...smart ass!
ReplyDeleteI love how when I was concerned about the bird poop, Dorothy tried to assure me that the Lexus people must have designed the car so there would be some sort of wind channeling so that poop would never drop in the car, it would simply be swept towards the back of the car and possibly land on the car behind us. I then asked her then what if the car behind also has a convertible, does it just keep going back? She couldn't answer that.
ReplyDeleteHummm, maybe the Lexus engineers can help the Boeing engineers design some wind channel to prevent birds from flying into airplane engines?
ReplyDeleteUh Oh, I think Dorothy is going to be a little pissed at us, Alyssa!!! It sure is fun though! Love ya, Dorothy!!!
Whatever...you have to admit it was good "story" on the fly. Stupid birds.
ReplyDeletea "story on the fly" about birds...very punny!
ReplyDeleteWow - what a cute car! Congrats to Keith for finding such a neat vehicle! And, Dorothy AND Alyssa, for your info I think I was driving behind you guys the other day when you were driving "topless" because I got MAJOR bird poop on the hood of my vehicle. I'm thinkin' of cutting the top off my SUV so I can "pay that poop forward...er...back? WHATEVER! :)
ReplyDelete