Thursday, July 16, 2009

BLOW OUT!

I almost died this week. Not really, but sometimes I like to be dramatic. Heading home on Highway 85 doing 75mph in the fast lane, my tire exploded!
I let my foot off the gas and made my way to the shoulder. After realizing that I was alive and no major damage was done, I called Keith to come and bail me out. I try to remember if I should sit in the car with my seat belt or if I should head as far off the shoulder as possible. I decide it is safer up the hill on the shoulder then in car (as my car is right on the white line).
So, in heels (the one freakin' day I wear heels) I climb to the top of the shoulder and sit in 100 degree weather in the dirt. Not 5 minutes later the CHP pulls up and asks what I am doing. I explain. He tells me I should be sitting in my car. So, with the help of the CHP I climb down the hill and attempt to get into my car. However, I have now lost my car key, or locked it inside. GREAT!
The CHP calls a tow truck and tells me to call off Keith, but now we need Keith t bring a key. While my new friend Officer Kim and I wait for Keith and the tow truck we sit in his cruiser with AC blasting. Officer Kim says "These are your tax dollars at work, don't say you never got anything..." Hehe we laughed.
Keith and the tow truck arrived 40 minutes later, and my ordeal was over.
Thanks Officer Kim, Keith and the tow truck driver for the rescue.

Also, thanks to the Richmond and Othon families who were coming over for dinner. Dinner was postponed to a later hour until I was rescued!

Here are some pictures of my blown tire:

1 comment: